Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Grace Hopper Celebration Post 1

Tonight I am going to the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
GHC09

I will blog about my experience. The first thing that is completely awesome about this conference is the CONNECT program. CONNECT

I submitted a profile and I listed out who I wanted to meet. Others did the same and then matches were sent to me. I have sent off a bunch of emails to the matches and a few people have already responded. So, I already have plans to meet someone tomorrow morning at registration. We are both interested in algorithms. This is already an amazing experience. I have never made friends before I actually hit the conferece! I predict that my facebook number goes up by at least 20 after this conference! I wish all conferences had a CONNECT program. It is very helpful when you are new to a conference.

No comments: